As I said earlier in the last blog, the new version is released now. In addition to the PDAF support for EF600/4L II, more features as well as bug fixes have been added.
- Fixed PDAF issues for some of the following lens models: Lens didn’t get recognized by the adapter due to different lens firmware version.
- Tamron SP 35/1.8 Di VC USD
- Tamron SP 45/1.8 Di VC USD
- Tokina ATX 11-20/2.8 PRO DX
- Function added for Lateral Chromatic Aberration (LaCA) correction. Some lenses’ LaCA correction profiles have been integrated in the adapter. It will work with Fujifilm bodies to do LaCA correction in the camera just like a native X lens does.
- Fixed compatibility issues with X-A3 camera. Be noted, since X-A3 is equipped with a non X-Trans CMOS, its AF performance is poorer when using EF mount lenses. Please use MF mode if necessary.
- Fixed metering stop working issue for the Pro version adapter when using MF lenses without electric contacts.
- Added following lenses to the tested and optimized lens list:
- EF600/4L IS II
- EF600/4L IS II + 1.4X
- EF200-400/4L IS
- EF200-400/4L IS + 1.4X
In case you haven't watch the incredible AF tracking demo of EF600L II and X-T3, I attach that video again.
Regarding the LaCA correction, I'd like to do some explanations.
This is a sample photo. Be aware of the red rect area.
These are the 100% crop of the area. You may compare the details between the two photos taken before and after applying LaCA correction by the camera.
I know it could be corrected easily during RAW processing. However, you will not be able to do that when you want jpegs direct out of the camera or you are using the camera for video shooting. That's why all native X mount lenses have built-in LaCA correction profile.
So far some of EF/EFS lenses' LaCA correction profile have been integrated. In the future, more would be added if necessary.
Be noted, only LaCA correction function has been added. Barrel distortion and vignetting correction have not. According to the most of adapter users' feedbacks, we let RAW processing handle the latter two.
Please visit my website to download the new firmware and its release notes.
You may order Fringer EF-FX Pro on my web store: https://www.fringeradapter.com/#buy-it-now.
Thank you for reading!